Wow, some actual decent reporting from CBS that proves the hypocrisy of the Obama administration on this phony gender wage gap issue.
Major so how do White House officials describe this deparity where the White House women make on average 88¢ for every $1 the men make?
Well, the White House is getting, as you indicated Norma, roughed-up by its own pay equity rhetoric. An analysis of White House salaries, that nobody here disputes, shows that the median income of female staffers is 88% of that of male staffers. Now this study also shows that men and women with the same White House jobs earn exactly the same salary. The White House said its gender pay gap is tied to “job experience,” “education,” “hours worked,” among other factors. This matters because those explanations, according to the labor department, explain a good deal of the gender pay gap nationally. The big difference in these stories is when President Obama discusses this issue nationally, he doesn’t mention those other work variables…only the broad figure that 77¢ per dollar is what women earn compared to men in median wages.
The White House is giving the exact reason why the wage gap of their staffers is same as it is nationally. That doesn’t matter though. Facts mean nothing to Obama. He has his agenda and he’s going to plunge further on these fictional talking points.
Considering Ronald Reagan is responsible for almost every contemporary American political problem, I think you disproved your own point.
Of course…Ronald Reagan…the root of all evil.
I know your a tumblr user so its in your nature, but your mistaking snark for wit, that isn’t funny. RR isn’t the root of all evil, he just damaged the country in such a way we haven’t recovered. he
1) Lessened regulations, allowing Wallstreet to be more stupid which lead to the recession that we are currently in
2) lessened environmental regulations leading to massive environmental damage we are enjoying right now
3) Supported radical islam which then turned into the terrorists that we all know and love
4) Was responsible for genocide (you can’t pronounce their names though so its ok)
5) Lead to a political situation where leftists have to pretend to be rightists which means problems can’t be solved
6)make the country so right wing that the fundamental political issues tearing hte country apart are unable to corrected as everybody is spending to much time lionizing RR
7) effectively destroyed the Civil Rights movement leading to more wide spread racism
8) Effectively destroyed the women’s rights movement leading to the feminist back lash
9) Effectively destroyed support for the poor, leading to the wealth gap that we all know and love
shall I go on?
First, the economy was only bolstered by Reagan. You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about. You should take a peek of the economy under Ford and Carter before spouting off such drivel. Some of us were actually alive during this time and lived it.
1) Yes, we have so much less regulation today thanks to Ronald Reagan…except we don’t. Thousands of new regulations are spawned every year. So many in fact, it’s hard for businesses to keep track and a larger federal and state bureaucracy has to keep growing to keep up. Don’t forget that Clinton and Gore also cleaned up much of the regulation as well through the National Performance Review…and in turn, the economy thrived just like under Reagan. Hell, even Carter deregulated. BTW, Wall Street has been propped up by the Fed, not deregulation, you clown.
2) Same with environmental regulation. We have more environmental regulation today than we ever had. We can’t drill offshore, we can’t import oil through a pipeline, we can’t export oil, we can’t buy the lightbulbs of our choice. For every environmental deregulation that Reagan did, I’ll post 12 ridiculous ones that have been created in the last year alone.
3) Reagan never supported radical Islam. He famously wrote, “I don’t think you can overstate the importance that the rise of Islamic fundamentalism will have on the world in the century ahead." His support of Mujahedeen against the Soviets was a strategic passive offense during the Cold War. Way over your head. He did make a couple other mistakes when arming areas like Saudia Arabian and Iran, but those are long and complicated discussions. However, to say that Reagan "supported radical Islam" is immature and ignorant.
4) I assume you’re talking about the insurgency and counter-insurgencies in Guatemala? Yes, I know their names. Yes, I actually know the history there like that it started under Carter and Reagan worked with Rios Montt later to try to resolve problems in that area. No, he did not commit genocide, but thanks for throwing that word around.
6) You’re really stretching it here.
Ok, you’ve stepped off the edge of ignorance right into absurdity. Ronald Reagan never destroyed the Civil Rights movement. Do you even have a clue what you’re talking about?
Again, you’re just making up bullshit. What women’s rights movement? What are you even talking about?
The “wealth gap” is a whiners excuse for increased prosperity for the majority of Americans while some still lag behind. During Reagan’s presidency:
• 20 million new jobs were created
• Inflation dropped from 13.5% in 1980 to 4.1% by 1988
• Unemployment fell from 7.6% to 5.5%
• Net worth of families earning between $20,000 and $50,000 annually grew by 27%
• Real gross national product rose 26%
• The prime interest rate was slashed by more than half, from an unprecedented 21.5% in January 1981 to 10% in August 1988
So, you were wrong and utterly ridiculous on all your criticisms, so please “go on” by all means. I’d love to see you sling some more unsubstantiated nonsense my way.