Paul Ryan opens up to young Tumblr users…well all the ones that aren’t hopeless socialists, communists and Obama drones.
HAH. HAHA. HAHAHAHHAHHHAAAHAHAHA.
okay so first, we are in trillions in dollars of debt BECAUSE OF BUSH. if no ones noticed, Obama ended the free fall, and the economy is starting to pick back up. He pushed a Fair Pay Act, he pushed a Healthcare reform, he pushed a Wallstreet reform, and unemployment has been slowly dropping, and is now again below 8%.
A big reason for the recession was the housing market crash, AKA WALL STREET BEING ALLOWED TO PRIVATIZE THEIR GAINS WHILE SOCIALIZING THEIR LOSSES. The monopoly caused by capitalism has lead to less than 20% of the population hoarding 80% of the wealth. Yes, it’s class warfare. HOW IS THAT NOT CLASS WARFARE.
Lest I remind you all that Romney’s website, in his budget proposal, corporations receive a tax cut of 15% (the same Bush tax cut that got us into this mess), which is not fiscally possible without either raising middle-class taxes or adding 5 trillion to the debt in a decade. Also, the 1% (themselves) receive a 700g dollar tax cut.
Let’s recap, the failed policies Romney and Ryan have proposed (but have still failed to thoroughly explain to the American people) which lead to the housing market crash and the inflation of cost and debt of schooling (READ: THE REASON WE’RE ALL BROKE, CAN’T FIND JOBS BECAUSE OF A FAILING ECONOMY AND HAVE TO MOVE BACK INTO OUR PARENTS HOUSES) is going to be the policy that saves us?
LET’S GET A GRIP.
axetheivorytower. freedom fighter news.
his personality makes his face so ugly.
First off, we are trillions of dollars of debt only partially due to Bush, we are in far more debt because Obama. It is an absolute fact that you’re just going to have to come to grips with.
Obama hasn’t ended the free fall, are you fucking kidding me? Look at that graph above and tell me the debt has ended. The Fair Pay Act? What? Do you even know what the Fair Pay Act is? I don’t think you even have a clue.
Healthcare reform…oh, you mean forcing Obamacare on the American people? The program that “reforms” healthcare by raising costs for businesses, insurance companies, Medicare, premiums, drug companies, and individuals? Just want to make sure we’re both talking about “reform” still.
Wall Street reform? You mean the Dodd-Frank bill that only increased government regulation, costs, and controls over private enterprise here and abroad instead doing what it was proposed of saving shareholders and individuals? Another failure.
Unemployment dropped .4% just recently from a steady rate above 8%. That is not real recovery. Compare to Reagan’s Presidency.
If you think Wall Street and capitalism was totally to blame for the housing crisis you are a fool. You act like the “free market” was totally unfettered.
1) The Community Reinvestment Act was passed in 1977 to “help” (regulate) poor and minorities get loans from banks.
2) In 1989 the Home Disclosure Act was amended to REQUIRE (regulate) banks to obtain racial information on loan applications meant to curb racial discrimination but thus also opening the door for those that couldn’t afford home loans.
3) In 1995, the Clinton administration regulated loans by tracking loans by neighborhoods, income groups, and even by race to rate the performance of banks. These ratings would be used when approving mergers, acquisitions, and new branches. (Wow, so much for unfettered market.) Groups like ACORN also challenged banks based on these ratings, even extorting lenders to do business. They forced sub-prime mortgages to individuals who couldn’t afford them even giving them 100% financing, no credit score checks or income verification.
4) In 1992, HUD made Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac (both government entities) to secure bundles of sub-prime mortgages to diversify risk so they could create even more loans of the same kind. Democrat crooks like Barney Frank and Chris Dodd fought compliance and faked numbers of these companies to make millions for themselves.
5) Also in 1995, the Community Development Financial Institution Fund was established which used tax money for even more loans.
6) Derivatives from companies like AIG were added to these sub-prime mortgages adding even more money to the game along with more risk.
7) And most importantly, The Federal Reserve artificially lowered and raised interest rates from 2004 to 2008 thus skewing the natural market even further.
You obviously don’t understand capitalism if you think 20% “horde” 80% of the wealth. Please supply proof of this. I’m starting to get the idea that you’re a typical Marxist hack…I’m guessing in your early twenties.
Yes, Romney does propose a lower corporate income tax rate as well as tax cuts across all individual income levels on top of the Bush Tax Cuts, because it makes sense to incentivize individuals and companies to hire more people and spend more of their own personal money than to just waste more money into the Federal Government.
Please tell me how you figure the Bush Tax Cuts got us into this mess? You just said above that Wall Street was to blame? Let me help you out, you have a personal budget at home you follow, right? (Well, unless you’re living in a tent on Wall Street or in your parent’s basement I suppose.) In your budget you have a limited amount of revenue coming from a job (again, I’m assuming.) Think of that job as tax revenue, you can’t necessarily demand an increase from your employer when cost of living goes up so you have to live by your means. You still with me? Now, what does living within your means mean? It means you can’t spend more than you can take in. The same applies to government. You can’t keep asking the taxpayer, or as you like to say “the rich”, to give you a bailout to fund even more government programs. Obama doesn’t understand this concept, either because he’s never held an actual job or he was carried through most of his life. Romney does understand the simple fact that you can’t keep piling up debt on credit and steal hard-earned money from the taxpayer to fund more government. You have to make cuts in your spending and let the citizens spend their money. Also, by getting companies and small businesses to hire again, you will employ more people which will broaden the tax base. It’s common sense. I know it escapes the clueless socialist-minded buffoon like you, but just trust me on this one.