We stigmatize them so much that we believe they do but guess the fuck what?
THEY DON’T. Parents kick you out? There is always someone that will take you in. Fired? Lawsuit bitches they can’t fire you for babymakin. Have to leave school? Have a friend record the classes or copy her notes & go in just to take tests on time. Send your hw with a friend. Someone WILL help you.
You just have to look for these things and know that there’s always a way. I’m so sick of the melodramatic “my life is RUINNNNNEEEEDDD NOOOO” when someone gets pregnant at my age or when its just unplanned. You are the only one who has the full power to ruin your life. Trust me, a baby won’t ruin your ENTIRE life. You deal with the hand you have.
Now there’s someone who gets it. You are the person in control of your destiny. With an attitude like that, you’re going to make it far in life.
Amen to that ^
Wow. That was one of the stupidest things I’ve ever read.
Actually, in the United States, you very well can be fired for becoming pregnant if they believe it will interfere with your job, People can, and people have been, legally fired a LOT because of an “inconvenient” pregnancy.
There is absolutely no way to assure you would win a lawsuit against your employer, and you may very well be laughed out of the court because it is clearly legal to fire someone who is seen to be in “no condition to work.”
Also, in the United States, no one i forced to give you maternity leave. They can legally work you up to and right after the birth. You sure as heck can take off if you want to! But they do not have to pay you for those days/weeks/months. And many places do not. This can cause an already poor family, who may already have other children, to lip even further into poverty It could literally be taking food away from already feeling, thinking, aware, sentient children. Especially in a house with only one parent, or only one parent who i able to work due to disability, age, or other conditions.
Also some people do not want children. They deserve every chance hey have to NOT have them. Especially when they cannot afford to, who cannot mentally handle it.
And as little sense as this somehow makes to some people, a lot of people are better off and happier without kids!! Being forced into lifelong commitments you do not wish to make especially ones that involve the constant care and need of another impressionable living human whose life you could ruin with any mistake you make, can definitely ruin someone’s life. Let people live the lives they want to live as long as they do not infringe on the bodily autonomy or private property of others. It isn’t that difficult of a concept that NOT EVERYONE ENJOYS CHILDREN. Some people absolutely, utterly despise children of any age. And that is their business and they have the right to it.
And before you mention adoption; It is not the be-all;end-all answer to unwanted pregnancy. It is simply not.Just going through a pregnancy can permanently alter and even damage a person’s body. If you watch how a persons body is affected by a pregnancy, it is very telling. Every organ under the diaphragm is pushed, pulled, extended, twisted, and moved from its normal place in order to accommodate the fetus. Many people’s bodies simply cannot handle this strain. It isn’t a question. It is a fact. People can develop diseases due to a pregnancy or a complication.
People die during pregnancy and people die in childbirth. We, The United States of America, have one of the highest rates of death due to pregnancy and labour complications out of all of the developed countries in the world.
Not to mention that there are already 250,000+ children of all races, ages, backgrounds, medical statuses, and genders already waiting or adoption. They aren’t magically going away or getting homes anytime soon. The most-likely babies to be adopted are healthy, white male babies under the age of one year. Female babies of similar age follow. Chances of adoption decrease depending on race, with black babies being the least-likely to be adopted. The older the child, the more likely they will never be adopted and will instead grow up in the already corrupt foster care system the US has in place until they are seventeen, at which time they will be removed from the program and put into group homes or community shelters if they have no already gathered the resources necessary to make it on their own. Mixed race babies and children of any age with pre-existing disabilities or medical conditions have the least chance of ever being adopted into a healthy home.
And anyone who opposes the following is not ‘pro-life’, and is definitely not helping anybody. Ever.
- Paying everyone, including minimum-wage workers, a salary that they can actually live on and feed their children with.
- Better comprehensive sex education in all schools. Including detailed information on the bodies of both biological sexes, male AND female. Many people with vaginas are handed a slap-dash education about their own bodies, if they receive one at all.
- Better access to healthcare for the poor, the disables, and people with pre-existing conditions.
- Encouraging prospective adoptive parents to pick a child from a wide range, rather than choosing by look-alikes to themselves.
- A better safety net for the unemployed.
- A better justice system that is better at detecting and taking down rapists and abusers.
- Better resources for single mothers so that they can afford to keep their fetus and give birth; Such as free or low-rate daycare, schools, transportation, and low-rent housing that is actually up to living standards.
- Mandatory paid maternity or paternity leave from any and all jobs with a fixed rate of pay during.
- Better access to birth control of all kinds, including the Morning After Pill.
- Better and more comprehensive education about contraceptives.
- An end to abstinence-only sex education. The states that have the highest occurrence of abstinence-only sex education, ALSO happen to be the states with the highest rates of teen pregnancy. They ALSO happen to be the states with the least comprehensive sex education, especially about the female body.
- Medically-founded and accurate information about adoption and about abortion, available to every person of any age. Access to knowledge about all of their options.
You just got spanked.